Saturday, May 12, 2012

Post 2/3 - Ultralight Fishing for Crappie

Welcome to my second installment in a three part series.


After the bluegill bite died down in the last pond I was trying to figure out where to go next when I got a text message from Pondboy saying crappies were biting on white and pink or all white Cubby Mini-Mite lures.  Pondboy turned me on to fishing for panfish with ice jigs so I had some in my ice jig box.  Off to a pond I know for some fun with the crappies.




I had been sending crappie updates to Pondboy every so often via text message and MMS.  I knew it would make him a bit envious as he was tied up with family matters and couldn't get out to fish.  Once the bite died down at this pond I texted Pondboy that I was going to his favorite local crappie spot to catch and release some more.  When I arrived at this next pond I found Pondboy waiting for me.  The details surrounding that will be divulged in the third and final post in this series.


I'm just glad I'm getting the hang of my editing software so maybe next time it won't take a week to post the last weekend's catching.  Still, I'm having fun and that's what matters most.